361 Community Energy is a not-for-profit social enterprise with a mission to help northern Devon’s community to take climate change action and rapidly reduce the region’s carbon footprint. We do this in a hopeful, action-based and non-partisan way.
361 is supported by a wide range of local and regional partnerships, including North Devon Council, Torridge Council, Devon County Council, the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, local climate groups and more. We are focused on significant carbon reduction while also increasing quality of life for everyone in the region, young or old.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/361Energy/ (321)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/361energy (526)
What We Do:
- FREE ENERGY EFFICIENCY & REDUCE YOUR FUEL BILLS Our free service helps you with your home bills and energy efficiency. We are a not-for-profit based in North Devon and our COVID-safe service is delivered by telephone with FREE energy efficiency measures sent to your home! Our free service typically saves you over £500! https://361energy.org/portfolio-items/call-service/
- ELECTRICITY PRIORITY SERVICE REGISTER Power cuts can be particularly worrying if you rely on electricity for medical equipment or if you are elderly, self-isolating, very ill or disabled. This is where our Priority Services Register can help. Electricity Priority Service Register - 361 Energy
- COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT FOR CLIMATE ACTION David Attenborough has helped to raise awareness of the impact humans are having on the planet and our need to act now to save it. However, sometimes, it is hard to know where to start. That is why we are creating a new program to help the people of North Devon reduce their carbon footprints with simple changes to your daily lives. https://361energy.org/portfolio-items/community/
- CHILDREN & CLIMATE ACTION Greta Thunberg & the school strikes have highlighted just what a passionate subject the climate emergency is for young people today. 361 has developed a comprehensive North Devon schools and child engagement programme, helping our next generation to feel positive, empowered and able to take climate action. https://361energy.org/portfolio-items/children/
- BUSINESS CARBON REDUCTION Through Smarter Carbon https://smartercarbon.org/
- COMMUNITY RENEWABLE ENERGY Community-owned renewable energy means local generation for local people in northern Devon which they can own through a share issue, keeping the profits in the local economy and a community benefit fund for local community projects which further reduce North Devon’s carbon footprint. It’s a triple win - decentralisation, democratization and decarbonization! https://361energy.org/portfolio-items/energy/