Join us for a two-day online forum across 24 and 25 June, as we bring together researchers, businesses, NGOs, the public sector, community groups and individuals to tackle global and local challenges around the climate emergency.
Hear from inspirational speakers, network, participate, spark ideas and find opportunities to collaborate.
The event is free, but registration is required to attend any part of the two-day programme, be it one session, half a day, day 1 or 2 only, or the full two days!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PlymEarth (3k)
Sustainable Earth 2021 offers a full two-day programme, including:
- 5 keynote presentations covering the latest research and response to the climate emergency from academia, not-for-profit organisations, business and industry.
- Over 20 guest speakers sharing the latest insights, research and developments across the forum’s key themes.
- 12 action-oriented workshops providing case studies and sector findings, plus the tools and strategies to take action at all levels.
- 40 marketplace sessions showcasing research, action and initiatives, hosted by researchers, businesses, social enterprises and community groups.
- Documentary screening of 8 BILLION ANGELS, inc. after show Q&A.
- John Elkington, Volans
- Professor Kevin Anderson, Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research
- Sophie Thomas, Thomas Matthews Communication Design
- Professor Sarah Bridle, University of Manchester
- Professor Iain Stewart MBE, University of Plymouth
- Professor Deborah Greaves OBE FREng, University of Plymouth
- Dr Matt Winning, University College London
- Dr Anna Birney, Forum for the Future
- Professor Patrick Devine Wright, University of Exeter
- Professor Richard Thompson OBE FRS, University of Plymouth
- Kerry Hayes, Regen
- Professor Jason Hall-Spencer, University of Plymouth
Plus, we also look forward to hearing from...
Sarah Lee (Stride Treglown), Leigh Cooper (NudgeUp), Dr Clare Pettinger (University of Plymouth), Dr Richard Povall (Art.Earth), Rob Passmore (North Devon Biosphere), Professor Jackie Andrade (University of Plymouth), Professor Jon Shaw (University of Plymouth), Dr Lauranne Fauvet (University of Plymouth) Jessica Holliland (Plymouth Social Enterprise Network), Dr Paul Lunt (University of Plymouth), Professor Steve Goodhew (University of Plymouth), Paul Gilbert (South West Manufacturing Advisory Services), Mukti Mitchell (Carbon Savvy), Paul Barnard (Plymouth City Council), Ed Suttie (Building Research Establishment BRE), Dr David Sergeant (University of Plymouth), Konstantin Leonenko (University of Plymouth), Christopher Woodfield (University of Plymouth) and more.