We are the electricity distribution network operator for the Midlands, South West and Wales.
We deliver electricity to over 7.9 million customers over a 55,500 square kilometres service area and we employ over 6,500 staff.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WPDUK (21k)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/wpduk (38k)
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/western_power_distribution/ (2.7k)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/WPDistribution (621)
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/western-power-distribution/ (16.7k)
Environment and Innovation Ofgem Report 2018/19
Executive Summary WPD’s Environment and Innovation Report aims to provide all of our stakeholders with a transparent and public account of our environmental and innovation performance over the last twelve months.
We will use this report to provide an all-inclusive overview that includes clear justification for our actions and the benefits to our customers.
Reducing our impact on the environment and embracing the increase in low carbon technologies is one of our key RIIO-ED1 outputs. To this end throughout 2018-19 we have achieved the following improvements:
- Significant reduction in waste being disposed of to landfill
- Continued reduction in our Business Carbon Footprint
- Significant reduction in network losses across all four WPD licence areas
- Successful inaugural WPD Environment Conference held in WPD West Midlands
- Appointment of a new ISO14001:2015 management system auditor, NQA
- Over 14,000 previously hidden LCTs identified as part of our LCT Detection Project
- As part of the Entire Project 47MWh of flexibility was utilised and led to our Flexible Power work
- On average an electric vehicle user charges their vehicle every two days
- 21 NIA projects have been delivered in 2018/19
- We received 54 submissions to NIA third party call
- Maintaining and improving progress in RIIOED1 business environmental outputs – specifically our output for fluid filled cable leaks and SF6 emissions.
- Investment in solutions to help identify and remove PCB contaminated equipment across the UK distribution network
- Maintaining and improving our environmental performance and compliance record with the environmental regulators
- Investment in the development of alternatives to SF6