Yarde Orchard is a cafe and licensed bar serving home cooked meals and refreshments to cyclists, tourists and locals.
The cafe uses locally sourced, fair trade and organic products wherever possible.
We use Organic Union Coffee and Organic Milk.
The cafe is an up-cycled historic 1930's sailor's dormitory from Plymouth docks, renovated into a bright and beautiful venue.
Yarde Orchard is located 4 miles south of Great Torrington, North Devon. We are right alongside the Tarka Trail Cycle Path, Route 27 (Devon Coast to Coast) and Route 3 (West country way), part of the SUSTRANS U.K. National Cycle Network.
Lots of cyclists use this part of the trail every year, enjoying the area’s peace and tranquility – as well as our homemade cakes.
The Tarka Trail is one of the most attractive and prestigious stretches of the U.K. National Cycle Network.
Free electric bike charging available and free water refills
Yarde Orchard East Yarde, Peters Marland EX38 8QA
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/YardeOrchard (252)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/YardeOrchard (46)
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yarde.orchard.cafe/ (345)
Eco-lodge Bunkhouse accommodation - available as a whole or separately
- Upstairs bunkroom with 4 bunk beds – bath (shower over), sink and separate WC
- Central hall/lounge area with wood fuelled range
- Self-catering kitchen with oven, microwave, kettle, toaster, sink, and kitchen utensils
- Galleried landing area with lounge space
- Self contained downstairs room with double bed, cot, own WC Shower and washbasin, tea & coffee making facilities and own entrance.
- Free wifi and safe cycle storage
We also offer a small camp site, perfect for a group of friends, picnic tables and bbq's are available. We have a cafe on site serving home-made food and cakes, with a small licenced bar with local beers and ciders. The cafe can provide evening meals, cooked breakfast and packed lunches for people staying on site with us.